With 10 million TMJ patients in the USA, and Bruxism impacting 10 to 20% of the population, there are so many patients that could benefit from KeySplint Soft™ Clear. This Revolutionary night guard and splint 3D printing resin is a unique patent-pending technology that combines strength needed to protect teeth with the added flexibility for better patient comfort. The formula is precise, strong (not brittle), biocompatible, color stable, and has a shelf life of 3 years. Here are some tips to get started printing KeySplint Soft™ Clear for the Carbon© Platform:
- Check the cassette and pour required resin amount into cassette using preferred measuring technique.
- *Make sure resin is well shaken and at room temperature before use.
- After printing, reuse, discard or filter and save resin for later use. Make sure to remove parts from platform shortly after printing to prevent deformation.
- Always check liquid resin for solids between prints.
- Remove parts from the platform while also removing supports.
- Place parts in dedicated container of fresh IPA. The solvent should cover ¾ of tallest parts.
- Insert for 3 minutes in an orbital shaker at 140 RPM and remove parts from washtub.
- Place parts in second dedicated container of fresh IPA and wash additional 2 min on orbital shaker at 140 RPM.
- Transfer to paper towel lined tray.
- Wipe entire intaglio surface of each part with IPA-dipped swab.
- Air dry for 30 min or use compressed air.
- If glossy areas remain, repeat swabbing and drying.
Pro Tips for Washing
- Post treatments recommended immediately following a completed print.
- Washing should occur no later than 8 hrs after print completion.
- Wash parts in dedicated container (only for cleaning parts printed in KeySplint Soft™ Clear for Carbon printers.)
- Cure in UV post-cure unit immediately after parts have dried.
- Parts are safe for handling after UV curing.
- Check part for tackiness with a clean glove after curing cycle is complete.
- Move part to contamination free zone.
- After curing, polish/finish as needed.
- Wash with soap and water before delivery to the patient.
For more information visit: www.zahndental.com/keysplintclear
Back to All Posts