In part 1, I had written about advancements in zirconia. With the official launch of LiSi press from GC last week, I would like to share some of the specifics of this next generation lithium disilicate press ceramic. This next generation ceramic most closely matches e.max press. There are several significant advancements when compared to the historically very successful e.max press product. These advancements include:
- No reaction layer and faster processing
- No graying through pressing and/or firing
- Increased crystal density
- Increased flexural strength, 450 MPa
- Reduced solubility (by 80%)
- Improved marginal integrity due to smaller crystal structure
- Reduced labor
- Reduced wear of opposing dentition
- Reduced cost of materials
In addition, LiSi Press is matched to LiSi layering ceramics which was introduced about a year ago. This combination of materials in the right hands can generate some amazing results. If you are pressing e.max, the learning curve is minimal and you owe it to yourself to give this a try.
Please share with a friend.
Thanks for reading.
Bob Cohen, CDT
Director Product Development,
Henry ScheinBack to All Posts